10th International Conference on Information and Communications Security
20 - 22 October, 2008
The 10th International Conference on Information and Communications Security (ICICS) will take place on 20th - 22nd October, 2008. The event, which started in 1997, brings together individuals involved in multiple disciplines of Information and Communications Security, in order to foster the exchange of ideas. ICICS 2008 will be organised by the School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham, in co-operation with HP Laboratories (Bristol, UK), the UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), and the International Communications and Information Security Association (ICISA).
- 15/10/08: The final programme is available, and can be downloaded as a PDF document.
- 10/10/08: Registrations can be processed online until 19 October 2008, or at the registration desk on the first two days of the conference (payment by cash or by credit card).
- 30/09/08: The conference banquet will be held at La Bastille. More information and a menu are available.
- 22/09/08: Scholarship notifications have been sent to applicants and the applications page is now closed.
- 10/09/08: The programme has been updated to include social events and abstracts of accepted papers.
- 05/09/08: Deadline for UK PhD scholarships extended to 20/09/2008. Apply here.
- 12/08/08: An updated version of the provisional programme has been released.
- 05/08/08: Registration for ICICS is now open.
- 30/07/08: Authors of selected ICICS papers will be invited to submit extended versions to a special issue of the International Journal of Information Security (IJIS).
- 29/07/08: Provisional programme announced, including a list of accepted papers.
- 28/07/08: Registration fees announced.
- 28/07/08: Scholarships for UK PhD students available, with an attractive registration fee of 50 GBP. Apply here.
- 27/07/08: Recommended hotels announced. Please click here for to find accommodation at, or close to, the conference venue.
- 27/07/08: Venue announced. ICICS '08 will be held at the Hyatt Regency hotel, in the centre of Birmingham. More details on the venue are available here.
- 15/07/08: Notification of acceptance or rejection sent to authors.
- 29/05/08: Submission system now closed and the paper review process has begun. Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent on 15 July, 2008.
- 20/05/08: Submission deadline extended until 28 May, 2008.
- 11/05/08: Our EPSRC grant enables to provide scholarships for up to 10 UK PhD students, with an attractive registration fee of 50 GBP.
- 23/04/08: Invited speakers confirmed:
- 22/04/08: EPSRC sponsorship has been confirmed.
- 27/03/08: Paper submission system has opened.
Call for papers
The call for papers is available here.
- Submission deadline:
28 May, 2008
- Notification deadline:
15 July, 2008
- Camera-ready deadline:
5 August, 2008
- Registration deadlines:
- Authors' registration:
15 August, 2008
- Early-bird registration:
1 September, 2008
- UK PhD student registration:
10 October, 2008
- Normal registration: 19 October, 2008
- Delegates can register on a space-available basis at the conference check-in desk. Payment can be made in cash (GBP) or by credit card.
ICICS '08 is built on the success of the previous nine ICICS conferences:
- ICICS '07, Zhengzhou, China, December 2007
- ICICS '06, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA, December 2006
- ICICS '05, Beijing, China, December 2005
- ICICS '04, Malaga, Spain, October 2004
- ICICS '03, Huhehaote, China, October 2003
- ICICS '02, Singapore, December 2002
- ICICS '01, Xian, China, November 2001
- ICICS '99, Sydney, Australia, November 1999
- ICICS '97, Beijing, China, November 1997
IJIS Special Issue